Monday

3.9.09

I know it's early- 5:15 am, but I just had to write. I'm currently taking a medicine that causes me to sleep like a rock- not a baby, since babies don't sleep through the night usually. This has been wonderful for me, but hard on Josh. Fifteen minutes ago, I woke up to a screaming Jonah. His nightlight had- for some random reason- gone out. I said, or politely yelled "Josh!". Josh startled and quickly got up to give aid to Jonah. My medicine is interesting. It makes me have sleep patterns like the family I married into- Josh's family. I go to sleep fast, I stay asleep heavily and then it takes me about 30- 45 minutes to wake up. It's wild!

The negative side effects of this medicine is that I am often very hungry and have already gained 2-3 pounds this week. So, this is the dilemma- stay on the medicine and get good sleep and fat. Or...get off the medicine and sleep poorly and be skinny. Hmm...As the Abbotts would say- tough decision (with a french accent mind you). Luckily I don't make the decisions around here concerning my meds.

This is my blog. My name is MeganRose.

Comments

Janey said…
Thanks Megan!

I am back on - I enjoy your blog and hearing about the progress of your sweet family. I love your middle name of Rose - so MeganRose is perfect!
Ellen said…
I say you could totally use a couple of extra pounds on you. Sleep is totally worth it.
getting meds right is a process. so enjoy the journey with a sense of wonder and discovery --lloyd
Douglas Smith said…
Ahh, a good nights sleep! That's got my vote. :-)

- Doug

PS I'm sure you'll get back to a natural good nights sleep (medicine free). Everything in it's time.