Making Lemonade


Did I take this or Elizabeth? I can't remember!

So, we had a wonderful day yesterday: Church, family over for some good shrimp fettucine with pistachio pudding and chocolate chip cookies for dessert. One thing I could have improved on was estimating how much milk we had left. We had almost a full gallon, so I thought that would be enough for 12 people, plus breakfast for six the next morning. Actually Monday is usually oatmeal day at our house, so a little milk left is fine for oatmeal, but not cereal.

Asher woke up early crying and I was tired from taking care of him and some pots and pans were dirty from yesterday, so I decided on cold cereal for breakfast. Hmm. Enough milk for most but not for all. Josh got up and I went to the store to get some milk, along with a carrot and vegetable broth, for Ethan and Jonah's preschool stone soup they are making this morning.

I went in and then out of Giant, getting all the things I needed, and then some. As I got to the car, with groceries in hand, it dawned on me. I had no milk! Chocolate milk as a treat for me shopping, but no other milk! (It's because I grabbed a basket and not a cart. Obsiously gallon of milk would not fit in a basket, but a small chocolate milk would!)I could either return home with no milk and play it off or I could go back inside. I chose to go back inside. I got that and some raisins and a cheap magazine. I think I have ADD! Quick someone send me something I can take to cure this malady!

To make it worse, then have no self check out, so I had to talk to the lady who had just rung me up two minutes earlier. Hee hee, I said "I forgot the milk". When she was done, she said "this is it? Right?" I could choose to do two things with this statement: Laugh and say "I sure hope so!!" or scowl and say "Yes!!!!" I was inbetween the two, considering I was interuppted this morning by a grumpy Asher and didn't get to finish my bom study. Let's just say it took me awhile but I got there- a happy attitude is always the best to have. It reminded me of a talk by Elder Whirthling last General Conference about laughing when life throw you a lemon, or when you happpen to make your own lemons.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments