Making Lemonade


Did I take this or Elizabeth? I can't remember!

So, we had a wonderful day yesterday: Church, family over for some good shrimp fettucine with pistachio pudding and chocolate chip cookies for dessert. One thing I could have improved on was estimating how much milk we had left. We had almost a full gallon, so I thought that would be enough for 12 people, plus breakfast for six the next morning. Actually Monday is usually oatmeal day at our house, so a little milk left is fine for oatmeal, but not cereal.

Asher woke up early crying and I was tired from taking care of him and some pots and pans were dirty from yesterday, so I decided on cold cereal for breakfast. Hmm. Enough milk for most but not for all. Josh got up and I went to the store to get some milk, along with a carrot and vegetable broth, for Ethan and Jonah's preschool stone soup they are making this morning.

I went in and then out of Giant, getting all the things I needed, and then some. As I got to the car, with groceries in hand, it dawned on me. I had no milk! Chocolate milk as a treat for me shopping, but no other milk! (It's because I grabbed a basket and not a cart. Obsiously gallon of milk would not fit in a basket, but a small chocolate milk would!)I could either return home with no milk and play it off or I could go back inside. I chose to go back inside. I got that and some raisins and a cheap magazine. I think I have ADD! Quick someone send me something I can take to cure this malady!

To make it worse, then have no self check out, so I had to talk to the lady who had just rung me up two minutes earlier. Hee hee, I said "I forgot the milk". When she was done, she said "this is it? Right?" I could choose to do two things with this statement: Laugh and say "I sure hope so!!" or scowl and say "Yes!!!!" I was inbetween the two, considering I was interuppted this morning by a grumpy Asher and didn't get to finish my bom study. Let's just say it took me awhile but I got there- a happy attitude is always the best to have. It reminded me of a talk by Elder Whirthling last General Conference about laughing when life throw you a lemon, or when you happpen to make your own lemons.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Depression and the Inauguration '09

Baby Name Woes

Angels Among Us