Helper Needed!

Ethan, March 2009, with his collection of Valentines Day Pencils

I found this picture on my camera a few days ago. Looks like Elizabeth's art work- not mine!

I don't normally blog on Sundays, but I woke up at 6:15 this morning and I already have showered, read my scriptures, dressed, made Cooked oatmeal with raisins, nuts and cinnamon out of a bed and breakfast cookbook my Mom made me (by the way, Josh and I decided we wouldn't want to own a b and b- just stay at one!) and unloaded the dishwasher, so here I am. I'm also downloading pictures off my camera.

Two weeks ago, Jen- Josh's sister came to visit. She lives in Ponca City, Oklahoma and was here to help me clean and organize and help out and put together things for me. Ellen-Josh's other sister and mine as well- was here the week before to do the same thing. As Jen and Josh drove to the airport, they spoke about how my work is too much for one person to do! Yay! Finally some sympathy! They talked about how maybe I should get someone to clean for me once a week or just watch my four kids while I go out for a bit. I'm all for this! Anyone have any suggestions of who would be such a helper as this or how I should go about getting help. Of course, adding anything to my already full plate- like a pregnancy, a move, a new job, etc. would not help things. So, thus I am learning patience and long suffering. Those are always good qualities to have!! Let me know what you guys think.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

In our family we have the story of the "man-killer," a job in a corporation that many good performers are placed in but no one can meet expectations. At that point the company realizes they've been hurting good employees and redesign the job itself. Sounds like you've identified a "man-killer" and are taking appropriate steps. Good for you guys! --Lloyd