Elizabeth and Y7 tv

So. I've decided to be a parent. Yes, I have four kids. Yes, they are ages 6,4,4 and 2. Yes, I have parented before. But not completely consistent. I want to be their friend and this hurts our relationship. So, after reading Child Wise- how to raise your 3-6 year old, I officially have decided to be my children's parent. Not their friend. That will come later.

My first test on this was just now. Elizabeth was watching Hannah Montana, which is Y7. She knows that the rules are you have to be at least 7 to watch y7 cable tv. But, she had someone found it and was watching it anyways. Turn the channel, Elizabeth, I told her. We don't watch y7 until we are 7. "Why not?" she whined "Everyone else is doing it." This is not the first time she has said that. "Yes, but we don't and that's the rules." Then she hit me with a hard statement and tried some tears to go along with it. "But, Mom!" she whined "Hannah Montana is just like me but bigger and if you take her away, you take me away."

Wow. What an intellectual! Maybe she will grow up to defend the state of Maryland. Who knows where this kid will end up?

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

p.s. this php program may be for two to three weeks. They get you in there and they don't wanna let go!

Comments

Boo said…
This sounds like a great opportunity to point out real (Elizabeth) and fictional (t.v. characters). For instance, you love her but Hannah Montana is not that important.