Dr. Amen


Jen, helping me make pizza! March 2009

My Parents have been encouraging me to see a Dr. Amen (www.amenclinics.com). He has an office in California and they just found out that they have one in Reston, Virginia also- a 38 minute drive from my house. Dr. Amen is a nurologist that uses brain scans to help solve people's mental issues. What do you guys think? Go or not go? I'll definitely be at Montgomery General this afternoon for an intake interview. Wish me luck- I haven't been to a hospital in a long time- not counting Wednesday!!!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Unknown said…
Amen clinic seems to make the most sense and it would be WORTH it if it meant no fooling around with prescriptions and getting it right sooner than later!
Molly said…
Since YOU asked, Doug and I have looked at the Amen's clinic website and Doug as a scientific medical professional finds many aspect troubling... what bothers me a lot about the site is that under "success stories" everyone just comments on how hopeful they are after they leave the clinic, but there aren't really any quotes about how the treatment changed people, it was just people hyped about their visit (for that much money, I'd be hyped too). There may be some small merit to ADHD, I don't know but this guy has not been able to produce any SCIENTIFIC evidence that his ideas work. Doug knows a lot about all of this- it's (medical science and brains) his job. Plus imaging is a very very complex thing to understand for a lot of people so all of his website images aren't worth much in the scientific community... :) not to be a party pooper, but that's what we think... love, Molly