Very Blessed


Elizabeth and Mary Carroll

I feel very blessed today. I am sitting in a quiet house. Elizabeth is at school- taken by my friend Melissa Carroll since our van is in the shop. A few months ago the windshield wiper fluid stopped working. We dealt with it. As long as we could. Until the snow hit. Finally it was 55 degrees on Monday. I prayed about what to do with my day on Tuesday and got the answer, Take your van to be fixed, today! Aaahhh! I frantically took it in, making no plans on how I would get around for the next day. Last night, at nine pm, when I realized that my van was gone, I started having a mild anxiety attack. I felt all was lost. I had messed up. I had followed the Lord's counsel, but had gone about it the wrong way- without any planning or decision on my part.

Now I have learned. I need to make plans by myself, and then take them to the Lord. Josh helped remind me of this. I already have put this knowledge to use this morning. On my way home from the gym, I spotted CVS and knew that I wanted to get something there. I had no recollection of what I wanted. Normally, I would go anyways and hope that I would see that thing and remember and then not see the item and see other items instead and walk away with twenty dollars worth of chocolate and valentines and no whitening toothpaste. This is the way I go over my budget, if you are wondering if I have gone overbudget these past two months. Instead, I remembered what I learned and told myself, "no, wait until you have a plan." I went home, brushed my teeth and remembered: I want whitening toothpaste. I got a pad of paper and a pen and wrote down whitening toothpaste along with three other things I don't remember now. So, writing lists is a good thing. Planning out who will take your kids to school before you take your van in to the shop is another good thing. Thank you, Melissa and Josie (Mauricio's Mom who took the twins in her van with her own two car seats!) You have saved my day and I owe you one!

As for my health- we are all almost better now. Asher still takes drops for his second round of pink eye, but I am cleaning like a mad woman, so hopefully he or I or anyone else won't get them again. I sprained my back the other day, racing my twin four year old boys around the gym. See, Josh, boys are just trouble! Just kidding! Sunday morning I couldn't get out of bed without pain. At 3 am this I woke up with an intense pain. Yesterday I bought a moisture heat pack from CVS and I woke up Josh to go heat it up for me. I could have done it myself, but I wanted to talk to Josh. It wasn't helpful to wake him up when he had to commute into work this morning. Sorry, babe! The heat pad is a wonder! I love, love, love it! Basically, I love anything that will take my back pain away- meds, heat, etc. Right now I have to sticky heat pads on my underclothing that I bought at CVS for $1 each. Yay, CVS!

Love, Megan

Comments