Trying out a new web page

Well, I like to explore and tinker around the internet. In doing so, I thought it would be cool if I had my own website. I tried out the domain www.pinkpanda.com. It was taken, so I looked up another one. It was free, but I didn't like the name. I gave up. Then, after looking at my Doctor's website, which is www.docjoshi.com, not www.drjoshi.com, I tried the domain www.pnkpanda.com. It was open! I bought it and now I have no idea what to do next! Ideally I want to streamline my photos, facebook, e-mail and blog all into one page. What do you guys know about setting up a web site? Maybe I should get Building a Website for Dummies from the local library! Or maybe I should get off my duff and start doing something else. Too bad I am sick and just can't get a lot done right now!

This is my blog, soon to be website- maybe. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Joanie said…
Megan..good for you..you are exploring new territory. It is good for your brain. You are learning new things. This will nourish your creative side. David will know a lot...ask him! Love, Mom
Dave said…
Hey Megan! Good job on making the first step towards making an independent website! Did you just buy the domain name for around 10 bucks a year? If so, you'll need hosting too. I can help you with that for free. A web host is just someone who stores and runs your website on a computer 24/7. After that, then you set up your website however you want. Give me a call or email me! Hope you're doing good!