Small, medium and large

Lately, the boys have been coming home from Preschool and telling me what they learned. Today they said they learned about small, medium and large. They also said that their teacher told them to tell me to work on their numbers since they don't know them. What? This is pretty humbling for me. I am a teacher as a profession. Shouldn't my boys be masters at the numbers 1-20, knowing how to count in sequence and how to write each one? Today, after school I asked her how they did today. She sighed. This is not a good thing! Their attention spans she said. They are so short.

I know. I've lived with them for four and a half years. I have had to pen them up in their cribs to tell them a story. I had to put a baby gate up so they wouldn't escape their rooms. I have had to chase them, corral them and if they are home from Preschool three days in a row I go bonkers. These are my children we are talking about. I know they have a little ADD. I have a little ADD. My mom probably has a little ADD (sorry mom!). My husband's Dad has ADD. Is ADD so bad? Doesn't it mean you are very smart and can do lots of things at once? Maybe you are not challenging my children enough? Maybe I should put them into a Montessori or Chinese immersion school. C'mon! This is Pre-school, not day care.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Molly said…
Oh my heck, Meg, when did you start to even like shopping? I missed that somewhere? Love, Molly
Shawna said…
hahaha- I think you should put them in chinese immersion school!