hola

Yesterday I went to see my psychiatrist. He gave me a one week-ish prescpition to abilify which I have never heard of before, but helps calm down manics like me. He asked me if I had any grandiose illusions or paranoia. I assured him that I did not. He said if you are manic (ie. very happy instead of very sad such as depression) that you will turn into having thoughts like that. It reminded me of the guy who kidnapped Elizabeth Smart and thought he was Jesus. Either he was schitosophrenic or paranoid. Also, a low dose of ambien for sleep. Unlike the abilify, I've been wanting some for a loonnngg time now and am glad to get it.

I took 2 mils of ambien last night around 10:30 pm. Ok. Long story short. I woke up at 5 am and need to take two. I took abilify and it was me nausoues. I called my dr and later he returned my call, telling me to take abilify in the morning on a full stomach. Why do I mention all of this? I'm learning a lot and wanted to share it all with you.

Love, Megan

Comments

Douglas Smith said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fox and Amy said…
Hi, Meg--Sorry you are having trouble sleeping. Meg, a lot of the people I worked with at Rise were on Abilify, and they had some side effects like insomnia, shakiness, and anxiety. Why did your dr. put you on Abilify for mania that occurred as a side effect of Lexapro? Just pleeease be careful that you are not taking meds simply to cure the side effects of other meds, or you will end up with a long list of symptoms that weren't there to start with. How was your week last week without the Lexapro? Keep us posted--Love you!
Douglas Smith said…
Hi, Megan. (I added some info to my earlier post.) Thanks for the update. You’ve probably already done this, but before starting on these types of meds I would consult at least a couple of different psychiatrists that I felt very comfortable with, people who I felt were actually listening to me and treating me as a unique individual. A good doctor / counselor actually takes the time to understand who you are before making a these types of diagnoses or prescribing these types of medications. I know how thoroughly you research everything! Just couldn’t help myself. :) Lots of love, you are in our prayers, Doug

PS Found some sites that were interesting. I’ll keep looking.

http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=21436&name=ABILIFY
http://bipolar.about.com/cs/whatme/a/0210_lexaprogo.htm
http://www.steadyhealth.com/lexapro_induced_mania_t57219.html