Very chilly!

It's very chilly outside today! This morning we woke up to FROST on the inside of our window and an outside thermometer read of -1 degrees! Needless to say, I canceled the trip I had planned for the gym at 8 am today! I already have to go outside to take ELIZABETH to BALLET lessons! Aaah! What is this California girl supposed to do?

Josh will take the boys to a class at Lowes and pick up my blue paint for me. We signed up for the Missionaries to come help us paint, but then we didn't want to really work that hard this weekend, so we called and canceled on Monday. Last night, at 9:50 pm, we got a call from the Elders asking us if they could help us with anything else today. It is so cold, the Mission President told all Missionaries to stay inside today! You know it's cold that the MISSIONARIES can't even go out. They go out in the freezing rain.

Everyone here is way hyped about the INAGUARATION. There are supposed to be 3 million people attending it on Tuesday. Hotels are almost booked, but you can still get a room if you want to. I don't know how much they would charge you though! You can always stay with us, if you want to head downtown! As for us, we will be watching on tv. Actually, Josh will be! I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday at 10 am- hopefully to get off my meds- we'll see. Josh has a four day weekend! Yay! Too bad he has to spend it painting! Poor guy!

In HOME IMPROVEMENT, for the boys room, and our Master Bath, we've chosen an Eddie Bauer pale blue, with a darker blue for an accent wall. Lowes sells really small tester cans for $3.99 (unlike Home Depot's $11.99 quart cans). For this project, I bought three smalls can of blue paint: one in pale blue, one normal blue and one a darker navy blue, and three white posterboards. On Monday, I painted each posterboard a shade of blue (with Asher's help) and let them dry (after it got on my pants- ahhh!). After it was dry, I hung all three posterboards up in the boys room and left. When I came back I knew exactly what color I wanted to paint their room. It just spoke to me! Of course, ETHAN, upon being asked what color he wanted his room, choose the dark, dark blue. Sorry buddy, but that can only be an accent wall, thank you very much.

I'm way excited about Aftab coming to Church with us tommorow. I've decided that either he's ready to take the discussions or he's not and that I cannot take any credit for having him come if he does come. It's up to us to "not be afraid of the testimony of our Lord Jesus Christ" and open our mouths. He is the Shepherd. He calls the people to Him. If they hear His voice then they are chosen. If they do not hear, then they do not hear. I am excited to increase my efforts in MISSIONARY WORK this year. Our Bishop has us all write letters to him about what our family missionary goals would be this year. Josh and I prayed and set goals and gave him our letter, I just didn't know that we would have such fast results as someone committing to come to Church tommorow- Jan. 18th! I almost set a time goal of July 1st! Good thing I didn't! Now that we have someone coming to Church, my new goal is to get someone to take the discussions and if that happens, baptism! We'll see how it goes!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Fox and Amy said…
Yay, Megan! Let us know how things go with the painting--sounds cute. Good luck with Aftab--will you have the discussions at your house?
Jen said…
That can't be good to have frost INside. Are the windows leaky? Are they single-paned? Maybe finding a way to seal the windows would help bring the utility bills down.

The blue paint sounds great--I like the two-toned look.