Visits with Santa


Yesterday afternoon the kids were running around the house crazy. I had already finished the laundry and worked on getting Christmas cards out- by the way- Jen- what's your address?- and finished budgeting for the week, so I was ready to take a break!

I gathered all the kids, stuffed them into the car and headed to the Mall to see Santa, in the pouring rain. It was an adventure, but life with four kids always is! When we got there, Santa was on his dinner break (he feeds the reindeer from 4:30- 5:15 pm- not a union job!) which was okay, because both boys were holding themselves- they were too excited to see Santa to go potty before we left. On the way to the nearest family bathroom, we stopped to look at the candy store (and found marzipan in the shpae of fruits for only $12.99!- hint hint- Josh-for my birthday!) and found toys you can ride on that cost 75 cents each.

Finally we made it to Santa's lap. We had to buy a $3.99 key chain for me to take my own pictures, but that was okay. Elizabeth asked for a Cinderella Make-up kit and an Ariel doll. Ethan asked for toys, then a train and then a bike. Jonah asked for a robot. Asher was too shy. The kids are so funny. They ask funny questions about Santa- is he a Grandpa? How did Santa get to the Mall? If he is magic can he give me a flying blanket, etc. Kids are so funny!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments