Good Morning

Good Morning. It's 4:30 am and I have been woken up several times tonight by a feverish Asher. All four of my kids have been sick since Friday. Friday evening Ethan started complaining of pain in his big toe and coughing. We checked his toe, and sure enough it was red and swollen. Plus, he had a fever. We didn't know if it was from his cold or an infection. We decided to wait until Saturday morning to take him to the Insta-care, as it was Dec. 26th and I wasn't sure if they were open.

Saturday morning I found myself sitting in a long wait at the Insta-care with a coughing Elizabeth and a sick Ethan. Jonah and Asher were not sick as yet and were at the library with Dad. The doctor gave us advice for Ethan, who had a fever and low blood pressure (any worries that I need to have?) and an ingrown toe-nail. Elizabeth could have asthma he said, as her cough has persisted for a month. What do you think, Hilary?

Sunday morning I stayed home with sick Ethan and Asher and Jonah, while Josh took Elizabeth to Church. He came home so I could go to Relief Society and I was ready to get a break! Taking care of sick kids for days on end can really try one's patience! Especially running on a little less sleep from Christmas.

We'll see how today goes!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Unknown said…
Half the families I know seem to have gotten sick starting on Friday - Shayla and I included - no fun! I think it is a combination of the lower sleep levels, more sugar, and being around more people to spread germs. We got sick the same time last year too! Hope everyone is better soon!
Hilary said…
that sure sounds rough. i would definitely get elizabeth checked out for asthma with her pediatrician - it certainly runs in the family. did the doctor hear any wheezing too or just go on the history of coughing for a month? that's how spencer started out, with a persistent cough long after the cold was gone. let me know how it goes.