Stake Conference

This past weekend we had Stake Conference. As always, it was very good! Our Stake President- President Lawyer-- refered to a talk that was given in the past General Conference. It is entitled "Sacrament Meeting and the Sacrament." by Elder Dallin H. Oaks. I read it this afternoon and was touched by how it stated "We live in the perilous time prophesied by the Apostle Paul. Those who try to walk the straight and narrow path see inviting detours on every hand. We can be distracted, degraded, downhearted, or depressed. How can we have the Spirit of the Lord to guide our choices and keep us on the path?" He goes on to say that every week as we take the sacrament, we commit to remember the Savior and always have his Spirit to be with us.

I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has established a pattern by which we can remain true and faithful. Recently I was diagnosed with depression. My low moods caused me to feel that I was unworthy of feeling the Spirit. I am grateful that as I renew my covenants with my Savior weekly, I can be confidant that I am worthy to feel His Spirit.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Sarah said…
I have that depression problem too, it stinks. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father also, that I can pray to him anytime, anywhere, and that I can feel his spirit to help lift me up again. Thank you for reminding me of that with your words.