Raisin Bran Conversations

A breakfast conversation at the Abbotts:

Jonah: "The sun is waking up a little bit."

Ethan: "The sun is eating cereal."

Jonah: "I wish I would be the sun. Not the birds."

Me: "You don't want to be a bird?"

Jonah: "No. I want to be the sun because I would be very high and shine."

Pause...

Jonah: "It's morning time."

Ethan: "It's not morning time yet. When the sun's up it's morning time."

Jonah: "Gracie (their friend from Church) is eating breakfast."

Elizabeth (finally chimes in): "No, Gracie's watching tv. Remember when we went there and she was watching tv?"

Elizabeth: "The olympics will be on when I'm 10."

Jonah: " Remember when the lipsticks were on?"

Elizabeth: "Micheal Phelps was so proud of himself to win eight medals."

Jonah: "I like the lipsticks."

Elizabeth: "Not lipsticks- Olypmics!"

Elizabeth "Micheal Phelps didn't catch his breath and I told a man that and he said it sounds like he's 1/2 man, 1/2 fish."

Jonah: "Maybe the sun eats raisin bran too."

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Sarah said…
Thanks for a laugh today. Kids are so funny when trying to reason & talk with each other sometimes.
Joanie said…
hehehe thats awesome- kelsy
Jen said…
That's hilarious! Thanks for letting us listen in.