What's new at the Abbotts?

Well, after an evening of pampering (a pedicure and hair stuff), while Josh was away at work, I sat down to watch The Office ( see www.nbc.com if you would like) and found myself watching the Vice Presidential Debate. What did you guys think about it? I though that Sarah Pallin shouldn't have worn black- but other than that I enjoyed it. Just kidding! I was impressed with Governor Pallin. Right away she asked Joseph Biden if she could call him "Joe" and that gave me a good impression. She reminds me of my sister Larissa actually. Very friendly and outgoing, confident and knowledgeable (Larissa- you should run for office!!). I recognized that both debaters used tactics to sway the viewers to one side or the other. A few times I found myself agreeing in a way to what each had to say. I'll just conclude with my thoughts at the very end: "I better get online and write about this and maybe- just maybe- contribute a little bit of green american dollars to the McCain/ Pallin campaign before the inflation hits."

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

www.johnmccain.com

Comments

Fox and Amy said…
We watched the debate--and I really thought it was interesting how Biden said that he does not support gay marriage, only civil rights between any partnership. Palin is so fun to watch, though--even funnier when they make fun of her on SNL!
I found that to be he MOST interesting moment of the entire debate.
Unknown said…
Yeah - Tina Fey does a mean Palin impression! Thanks for your confidence Megan - maybe one day you can help me in my campaign! Anyway, I thought this summed up the debate pretty well -

How to Field Dress a Moose
A Brief Step-By-Step Summary Of The Process:
1. Clear Your Working Area ('May I call you Joe')
2. Bleed The Animal ('must correct you again, Sen. Biden')
3. Preparatory Skin Cuts, Throat to Anus ('That's really not right Joe')
4. Break the Breastbone ('YOU YOURSELF said Barak not ready to be commander in chief!')
5. Sever the Wind Pipe, Gullet from the Head ('...say it ain't so Joe..'
6. Open the Abdomen to the Anus ('..your PLAN WOULD MEAN THE WHITE FLAG OF SURRENDER!')
7. Split the Pelvic Bone ('Barak VOTED AGAINST funding troops.')
8. Cut the Diaphragm from the Cavity Wall the Anus and Bladder. ('No, Joe, it wouldn't be a tax cut for 95 percent')
9. Roll Out The Abdominal Organs with Anus Attached ('You voted for war that you're now against')
10. Remove the Neck and Chest Cavity Organs ('You said that you'd be proud to run with John McCain yourself!')
11. Clean the Body Cavity ('Your plans represent nothing but massive spending')
12. Prepare the Carcass for Cooling or Quartering. ('I'm certain that John McCain will address those massive spending plans in the next debate')