Counseling Session #9

After a long 40 minute drive last night in drizzling rain, I arrived to a dark closed door at the Church. A panic attack started- what if I had the day wrong- did we schedule for next week? What if I drove all this way for nothing? I picked up my cell phone and frantically dialed her number. Nothing. Then she came and phew, I was glad. It just goes to show, I am not perfect still and that she isn't either.

We talked a lot about the "new, bold Megan". I wrote a letter to the problem Co-Dependency. She was very proud of me and all the work I've done so far. We talked about procrastination and how I procrastinated writing the letter and then even as I began to write the letter to Co-Dependency, it would speak to me: "You're not writing this letter good enough." "You are not a good writer." "Crumple this paper up. It's not good." Whenever I hear Co-Dependency speak now, I just say no! and do it.

These are my three new tools for facing any insecurities I have: "Just do it! (writing a book, letter writing, calling on the phone, etc.), It's good enough (sewing projects, etc.) and Seize the day!

I even plan on chopping my hair off one of these days! All a part of the new, bold Megan! Watch out world!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Joanie said…
I love your 3 tools: Just do it, Good enough, and seize the day.

Simple! Powerful! Motivating!


Love, Mom
sonian said…
Go Megan Go!
-Ellen