The past two weeks

What a whirlwind these past two weeks have been politically and religiously. Religiously, President Hinkcley died and a new Prophet was called and sustained. With these changes, there was sadness, reflection on the past, reflection on the future.

Politically, we've been following Mitt Romney's campaign. We were so excited when he wond some of the early states. Now he is withdrawing his campaign for presidency (is that how you say it?). With this comes sadness, reflection on past Presidents and reflection on the future- war, economy, education, retirement- what is best for our children.

I don't know what to say. I feel a peace with the new sustained Prophet. I don't feel a peace with anyone who is running for the President of United States of America. Maybe that tells you something. The Church is true. Christ is at the head. I can't say the same for this government.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments