Counseling

Have you ever had one of those days when you have no idea what to write? This is one of those days. So, I will talk about my last counseling session (1/29/08). My counselor looked over the list of roles that I had written and was impressed. I had forgotten that I also needed to write what boundaries go with each role. For leader, I wrote that I will lead, but also not do everything for someone else. For teacher, I wrote that I will teach my children, but let them also learn a little on their own. For wife I wrote that we will do things together, but I will also find time to do things by myself. She mentioned that two of her friends are getting a divorce for that reason- their husbands would not let them be themselves. That's so sad.

Then, we made a list of the chalkboard of what the "new Megan" without co-dependency will look like in this year to come. Some of the things we listed were dead-on as to who I want to be: someone who knows what they want and goes after it. Someone who is firm in the gospel and stands up for their standards. Someone who can easily talk about their feelings and fears with other people.

I am excited to continue my progress as I leave the "co-dependent" Megan behind and become a "new me." May we all do so through out this year.

Comments