The Passing of President Hinckley

Last night, our beloved President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and Prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley died in his apartment, with loved ones at his bedside. At the age of 97, he was ready to go, but this morning's news has brought me sadness.

When such a beautiful soul departs this earth, it is with grief and pain that we mourn it's passing. President Hinckley, I will always remember the day I saw you in the Marriot Center at BYU. As you entered the auditorium, a hush fell and we all rose to our feet and sang the beautiful words of "We thank thee, oh God, for a Prophet." I felt and knew in my heart that you were truly the Prophet of God. We will love and miss you, always, President Hinckley.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you, President Thomas S. Monson, who will soon take President Hinckley's place. May the Lord strengthen and uplift you.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments