Our Love Story, Part II

Our Love Story, Part II: Later that night

Later that night my buddy and I were going over the ward directory, aka meat market, that contained a picture of each person in the ward. I would tell my friend whether I was interested in the person, or not, and why. I don't even remember what I said about Josh. His picture was kind of fuzzy.

Finishing this activity, and looking for some other fun, we headed over to apt. 11, where some friends were playing cards. Little did I know that it was Josh's apartment! I was watching the card game, not playing- I don't know why- and in came Josh- laughing and joking. I was surprised and happy and eagerly jumped into the joking. He made fun of my red hair. What red hair I said? This, the hair I tried to dye blonde, but chickened out at the last minute, making it a bronze-yellow dirt like hue. He quickly found out I had served a mission in Spain and that dispelled his fear of "red-heads". We talked for a while- him standing, me sitting and then he went to bed. He still goes to bed early!

Later the next evening I kept my eyeballs peeled for this newfound handsome hunk. No sign of him. Anywhere. Finally, at 10 pm or 11 pm at night, I caught sight of him walking his bike home to his apartment. This guy works late! I thought, not knowing if this was bad or good.

The next night, I was again on the look-out and I spotted him- reading a book on the couch in front of the window, the lamp shining on his glorious hair. I have to go talk to him! I thought! What excuse, what excuse could I use? A thesaurus! This was in the days before Wikipedia. I needed a thesaurus for a school assignment. I headed out and stopped at two other apartments before going to his, hoping he would notice less if I didn't make a straight bee-line to his apartment, an apartment I had never set foot in before that Sunday night.

Upon arriving at his place, I ditched the thesaurus gig and knocked and walked. "Hi." I said nervously. "I just wanted to talk." We talked about nothing for a while again and I left, walking on cloud nine. Little did I know that we would have our first "date" three days later.

Comments