My Friday

It's 7:45 pm and I'm just now getting to my post. It's been one crazy day. Let me just say that Asher is now a rip-roaring eighteen month old boy. He knows when I'm headed for the shower, and chases in after me- peeking his head in the shower and getting sprayed. Luckily, I had taken a bath- and cut and dyed my hair- the night before, so I only needed to rinse off quickly and get out.

Then, we were headed out the door for Asher's 18 month Dr. appt. I took all the kids with me. Big mistake! Elizabeth was so nervous for Asher's shot that she kept covering her ears and talking a lot. The boys kept asking "are we done yet?" No more Dr. visits with the whole bunch! Then, to top it off, Asher had stranger anxiety and they kept calling him Joseph, after numerous attempts to say his name is Asher, and he cried whenever they tried to do anything to him. The shots were a shock to his poor system.

We got home, had a quick lunch, watched Reading Rainbow- where Asher promptly fell asleep -exhausted from his crying-and had quiet time, where I sat in the boys room for an hour while they proceeded to move their pillows around, hide under their blankets, banter back and forth and finally get up and hand me every single book/trash/toy that happened to be on their floor.

After an hour, I let the boys get up and Asher woke up. It was 1:45 pm, Josh was coming home at 6:15 pm, and I had to entertain four children for four and a half hours. Entertain is a strong word, but that's where it's at. I won't continue with my crazy day. I am grateful that tommorow is a new day, with Ellen watching my kids so I can clean the bathroom. Finally!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments