How I told Josh

For each one of my pregnancies, I told Josh that I was expecting in the same way, but with a twist each different time.

I had received a statue of a Mother and a baby one year- ok our first year- for Christmas and we decided together that if we found out we were expecting, I would take the statue out of storage and place it where he could see it.

For Elizabeth: I found out on a Monday. I placed the statue on our coffee table, sat on our futon (that cost $35 from D.I. and that we still own) and waited for him to come home. He came in and said "No!!!....Way!!!" I'm glad that it wasn't just a no!

For the boys: I placed the statue in my diaper bag- Elizabeth had just turned one- and we met Josh for lunch at the Creamery at BYU. I told him to look in my bag for something and he found the statue. Surprise! It should have had twins on it, though!

For Asher: I wanted to do something different, but still unique. I took a picture of the statue with my digital camera and sent it to him via e-mail. I wonder if I still have the e-mail that he sent back. Then, we sent everyone an e-mail card letting them know we were expecting.

So, that's our story on how I told Josh that we were expecting another pea in our pod- or two!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Fox and Amy said…
Cute! I kept scrolling down, expecting find a "For this one, I told Josh..."...So next time you'll have to top yourself and be super creative! Love ya!