How I told Josh

For each one of my pregnancies, I told Josh that I was expecting in the same way, but with a twist each different time.

I had received a statue of a Mother and a baby one year- ok our first year- for Christmas and we decided together that if we found out we were expecting, I would take the statue out of storage and place it where he could see it.

For Elizabeth: I found out on a Monday. I placed the statue on our coffee table, sat on our futon (that cost $35 from D.I. and that we still own) and waited for him to come home. He came in and said "No!!!....Way!!!" I'm glad that it wasn't just a no!

For the boys: I placed the statue in my diaper bag- Elizabeth had just turned one- and we met Josh for lunch at the Creamery at BYU. I told him to look in my bag for something and he found the statue. Surprise! It should have had twins on it, though!

For Asher: I wanted to do something different, but still unique. I took a picture of the statue with my digital camera and sent it to him via e-mail. I wonder if I still have the e-mail that he sent back. Then, we sent everyone an e-mail card letting them know we were expecting.

So, that's our story on how I told Josh that we were expecting another pea in our pod- or two!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Fox and Amy said…
Cute! I kept scrolling down, expecting find a "For this one, I told Josh..."...So next time you'll have to top yourself and be super creative! Love ya!

Popular posts from this blog

My Depression and the Inauguration '09

Baby Name Woes

Angels Among Us