So, you want to be a writer?

So, you want to be a writer? Welcome to the 85 % of everyone else who wants to be a writer also. I was doing a little research for my upcoming princess book- upcoming as in when all my kids are in school and came across a lot of good information. One, princesses can often be demoted from their title by princes. I didn't know this. So sad. It doesn't happen a lot though.

Two, Shannon Hale, www.shannonhale.com, has written two books that I haven't read so far- I promptly bought the most recent from Amazon, and is holding a Princess Academy contest, the winner of which gets a phone call from her, all five of her books signed and $50 to their favorite bookstore. I promptly applied to the contest. You can see it on her website.

Also, I learned that 85% of the population aspire to be writers, most think that if you write fantasy you will end up making millions like J.K. Rowling and only 2% ever actually finish a book. Go Mom Abbott!

So, yes, I do want to write a book. But until I do, I will start writing mini stories on this blog each Friday- you know- to better my writing skills and such.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments