So, you want to be a writer?

So, you want to be a writer? Welcome to the 85 % of everyone else who wants to be a writer also. I was doing a little research for my upcoming princess book- upcoming as in when all my kids are in school and came across a lot of good information. One, princesses can often be demoted from their title by princes. I didn't know this. So sad. It doesn't happen a lot though.

Two, Shannon Hale, www.shannonhale.com, has written two books that I haven't read so far- I promptly bought the most recent from Amazon, and is holding a Princess Academy contest, the winner of which gets a phone call from her, all five of her books signed and $50 to their favorite bookstore. I promptly applied to the contest. You can see it on her website.

Also, I learned that 85% of the population aspire to be writers, most think that if you write fantasy you will end up making millions like J.K. Rowling and only 2% ever actually finish a book. Go Mom Abbott!

So, yes, I do want to write a book. But until I do, I will start writing mini stories on this blog each Friday- you know- to better my writing skills and such.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Depression and the Inauguration '09

Baby Name Woes

Angels Among Us