Our love story, Part I: How we met

We met, officially, on Sunday, February 4th, 2000- less than a week after I had gone to the temple. We know what day we met because while we were dating we had a conversation where we talked about exactly when we met and we figured out it was the fourth. The fourth of February. Ever since then we recognize that day as when it all started.

And this is how it all began. I was living in an apartment complex called bi-centennial, apt. #16, near BYU campus in Provo, Utah. Josh was also living there, in apartment #11- practically three doors away from me. My roommate Annette went around the apartment complex, inviting everyone to a surprise birthday party for her friend- who none of us really knew. I still have a picture from that day of all of us, although I don't think Josh was in it and if I ever get a scanner, I will scan that picture into this blog.

Josh claims he came for the free food. He loves to use that line. I was in the kitchen, eating that free food. I saw him and casually asked him what his name and major were (you know- I had given up on everyone already). He said "Josh" and "Math". Right away I was turned off. Math??? Who majors in Math? Only nerds, I thought and I hated math. He asked me my name and my major. "Megan" and "Elementary Education". I don't even remember how he replied. He probably didn't. He walked away and that was that.

Or was it? I looked over at him- sitting on the couch, eating his cake, talking to a girl, with the lamp shining on his golden hair and I felt something. How to describe it? It was a desire to get to know this person better. That's what it was. And boy, was that hair just awesome!

To be continued...

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments