Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas, Everyone! This picture was taken two weeks ago, when we went to Butler's Orchard and chopped down our own Christmas tree. Here is our day so far, from the mouths of our little children:

me: "Good morning. Merry Christmas."

Ethan: "Can we open our presents today?"

me: "Yes, after the stockings."

Ethan sprints down the hallway as fast as his little legs would take him. I had to stop him, because Josh was still getting some things ready!

Jonah: opens Elizabeth and Asher's door. "It's Christmas!"

Elizabeth: "Can we open our presents today?"

Me: (Did I already have this conversation today?) "Yes, after stockings."

Elizabeth sprints down the hallways as fast as her big legs can take her. Again, I stop her. Josh is almost ready. Maybe I should have waited. But, I was excited too. Plus, this is our very first Christmas ever. With many many more to come.

Our favorite presents:

Mine: a new set of pots and pans in a glistening red color, from Ellen and Jason. Although the chocolate and pink fuzzy robe and Brite music from Mom Abbott and a pink shirt and sparkly necklace in my perfect size from Mom and a a gift card to Bath and Body works from Josh all were front runners. My family truly knows me! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Elizabeth: All of her necklaces (three to be exact) and a pretty princess pillowcase from Molly- thank you!

Ethan and Jonah: Both got scooters. Ethan- diego from Dora Explorer and Jonah- spiderman. They both love them equally. I was nervous because maybe the spiderman one was cooler, but they rode them for three hours straight! Outside and in! Thanks, Santa!

Asher: My chocolate squares. That's about it. Oh, and the block puzzle from Gpa and Gma Hulihan- he loved stacking them.

Josh: Books. Actually- I'll ask him and put it down later.

So, now that I feel like a third grader telling my friend over the phone what I got for Christmas, I will go eat some more chocolate. Mmm. I hope I don't get too sick from it all for our turkey!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments