Getting Lost

What a day! This morning was bright and full of possibilities. As I read some of yesterday's newspaper to Elizabeth, we learned about Reindeer and Jonah mentioned that we should go to the zoo- to see the Reindeer, of course! I was up for it and said ok! Two hours later- a shower for me, clothes for the kids (I have never seen Jonah get dressed so fast) and a pot of soup heated up for the Relief Society President to take to the Visitor Center's missionaries, we were off.

Twenty minutes later and a forgotten stroller left behind found us lost. We took I-495 to Virginia, instead of to Chevy Chase. I could have sworn the ZOO was towards Virginia. The highway, with no exits whatsoever, led us to the Ronald Regan Airport. I thought about stopping and getting a one way ticket to California, away from these crazy roads, but decided that Josh would not be happy about that and our already negative bank account wouldn't handle any trips either.

Turning around, we found Turkey Hill and stopped to eat lunch at a picnic table in the mist. A kind lady walking her dog stopped to give us consolation on getting lost, advice about going to the Zoo for their Lights at Night Special and even told us about a hotel with an inside water park near the six flags that is opening up soon in New York. What's better than a trip home to Cali? A water park and six flags Magic Mountain- both which hold lots of fond childhood memories for me.

So, even though I was lost, upset and feeling crampy, Heavenly Father let me know that He still knows me and loves me and is aware of my situation. We have moved here because this is where He wants us to be. We will be blessed for doing so.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments