www.coda.org

I generally don't blog on Sundays, but I am having a rough day today. It is 9:10 am and so far I have been woken up at 6:30 am with a crying Asher, had to deal with Ethan waking up at 6 am, wanting to go potty- even though he has yet to be potty trained (I will train him on Saturday), helping a sick Jonah (he has a fever) and had to deal with a fiesty five year old who is upset every day that TODAY is NOT Christmas.

I yelled at her, sent her to her room, got the boys dressed and now I am in time out myself- in our guest bedroom, reading letters that were written to me ten years ago by family and friends. I came across a poem I want to put on the blog, but I checked my e-mail first and read an e-mail from an on-line group of Co-dependents- aka CODA. My therapist says I do not have co-dependency, I have differentiation. Well. I looked at the sheet they have online and it describes ME. ME. Megan Abbott. I am co-dependent! I don't care what anyone else says, even if it is my therapist.

I will treat myself with therapy. I will treat myself by starting to go to online chats. I will treat myself by reading all that I can about myself and about this disease that is hurting me and my family. I will treat myself by memorizing scriptures about forgiveness and peace and repeat them until I feel whole. I will beat this thing. Or I will slowly retreat into a depression. No! - I will beat this thing!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.
I am co-dependent.

p.s. for more information about this, see www.coda.org

Comments

kristen said…
What a brave blog! i know that you are a strong and amazing person. i know that you will beat this thing too. How can i help?

love, kristen