I'm Awake

I'm up. Again. Asher is teething. He has two back molars pushing their way through and I didn't give him tylenol last night. He woke up screaming in pain. Poor little guy. Then, five minutes later Ethan woke up- wanting the hall light on. I turned it on. I try not to give in to any requests during the night, but hey- I was awake!

We had an Open House for Haley last night. It was amazingly successful. Thank you, Ellen! Our home is wonderfully laid out for entertaining. We have a front formal living room, where the engaged couple sat and received guests, we have the kitchen close by and a freezer in the laundry room to store lots of extra ice. We have a family room with a fire place that was the "quieter room" for a while, until everyone found out about it and it became a noisy room also. And the BIG plus- a "downstairs"! The kids would arrive with the parents in tow and I would greet them and send them downstairs, even after hitting the refreshment table! Downstairs is carpeted in flat, wild seventies carpet and is equipped with a state of the art portable dvd player, a used futon and several various slides, bikes and keyboard with 100 programed songs in it.

The best part of the night was that Ellen and Hayley cleaned it all up as we put our children to bed. We had to do almost nothing. We got ready for bed, talked a short time and fell fast asleep! Now, I'm up.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Unknown said…
I think some people think it wil jinx you if you talk about it too much and you won't get pregnant...but I am fine with talking about it w/ close family and friends...so, are you trying???
Rachel said…
Wait.. remember what we talked about. you ned to plan to conceive in January or February so you have an October or November baby. Have you been on the pill since Asher?