Thanksgiving Update!

This morning I awoke, somewhat anxious about Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. I checked the 12 lb turkey that I put in the fridge to thaw on Sunday. It was still rock solid! After 2 1/2 days in the fridge! I started to panic. Josh calmed me down and we proceeded to read the directions on the turkey, which say to thaw it in a cold water bath. So, right now, we have a partially frozen, partially thawed hunk of plastic wrapped raw meat sitting in our sink. That reminds me- I need to go drain and re-fill the water. I'll do that right after I'm done writing- along with making the pie pastry for two pies and finishing the third layer of our Thanksgiving Jello. I'll try to post pictures later. Here's to a Happy Thanksgiving! May you all have a thankful heart this season, even if you find your turkey frozen on Thanksgiving Day.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Jen said…
Megan--your thanksgiving prayer made me laugh out loud! I hope your bird thaws in good time. I've got to find my "sweet potato souffle" recipe.
Unknown said…
Hey - pie dough is the one thing I never found worth it to make from scratch...just buy it and sae time (: okay, i am not a big pie fan so maybe that's why (: Have a great T day! miss you guys!
Rachel said…
I think I am a good cook but I do not bake. I am getting together with single friends for Thanksgivng and Iwas just asked to pick up a pumkin pie. I went to the store tonight (smart) and got the last frozen pie. So now Iam baking it, I hope Idon't ruin that. Baking has too much sience to it. Hope the thawing goes well Megan.