Temple, Motherhood

Yesterday evening I went to the temple. I had an appointment scheduled with my counselor, but my morning was so rough that I knew I needed help from even higher up on the totem pole of those people who know. I wrote a crazy blog and decided that instead of publishing it, I would try to change my day so that I could write a better blog the next day. So, here is my blog- improved a lot from yesterday:

Motherhood. Marriage. Family. These are the themes that kept coming into my mind yesterday as I attended an endowment session at the Washington D.C. temple. I had gone in search of help, in search of some divine guidance that would calm my fears and strengthen my resolve to do better and to be better.

Instead of focusing on myself, I began to focus on others. That's what going to the temple, to do service in behalf of others, does to you. I started out thinking about the person whose temple endowments I was receiving for (I have already been to the temple to receive my own endowments, so each time you go thereafter, you receive the endowment for someone who has passed on, who has not received it yet). Rosanna. That was her name. Who is she? What was her life like? What will her life be like on the other side of the veil after she receives this endowment?

Then my thoughts turned to my husband. How is he? How is he doing? Then to Motherhood. How am I doing? How are each of my children doing? Thoughts and answers came flowing. One led to the next like water tumbling out of a glass jar. They kept coming and coming and I knew that I would return soon, very soon- to increase my capacity for learning, for inspiration and for thoughts from above.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Joanie said…
Megan..thank you..this was beautiful and inspiring. I am so glad you went to the place of ultimate counseling.
I love how you expressed how your answers kept flowing. Love,Mom