Our Halloween

I wanted to post a picture of the kids, but blogger is experiencing problems. I tried to do it yesterday and it was experiencing problems also! Thus, a post with no pictures. This weekend I am taking a weekend away! Ok. It's only for one night, but it's starting Saturday at 3 pm, when I can check into a local hotel and ending Sunday at 11 am, when I can check out of the hotel. I am very excited. I've needed a break (ie. a solid night's sleep) for a while now! The boys are used to waking up at night and me putting their blankets on. Through my therapy, I've learned that I struggle with setting bottom lines- that's where in relationships you say- I'm okay with this, but I'm not okay with that. Thus, I haven't been able to say "I'm not okay waking up in the middle of the night for the past three months." or with Asher "I'm not okay with you sitting on the sink and eating my chapstick."
Last night I told the boys that I would sit on the chair when they woke up, but could not get anything for them. So, at 1 am- as usual, Jonah woke up. I sat on the chair for a few minutes and then left. At 2 am, he again woke up, I did the same. At 3 am, he woke up and I was still very sleepy, so I let him cry for a little bit. When he started screaming at the top of his lungs, I got up and sat on the chair. He proceeded to throw a tantrum, saying "I want a new pillowcase"- because he knew I would not put his blanket on over and over. He bawled for a half an hour, then calmed down, took his pillow off his bed, spread out his blanket and fell asleep. We'll see how tonight goes and then Josh gets night duty while I'm gone.
This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i wish i could help you with your kids' sleep issues! it's so hard to watch you struggle with it. they need a nanny 911-type of person to get them back into shape so they'll learn they can't treat you like that. hopefully your counselor will help things. enjoy your night away! love, hilary
Sarah said…
That will be nice for you to get away for a night, it's always nice to have a break. It isn't fun to struggle with kids that don't sleep at night, it makes for a very tired and grumpy mommy, at least that's what happens to me when I don't get a good nights sleep. I'm glad your therapy is helping I am thinking about talking to the bishop to see if he will allow me to get therapy or something. We wouldn't be able to afford it, so maybe he can help, I've been struggling a lot lately so I think it's time to get some help. Thanks for your posts!
Melissa Garn said…
Megan I love your honesty! You are such an inspiration! I sure hope your sleep issues clear up...my twins slept through the night last night for the first time in almost three weeks...what a difference a full night of sleep can make! Best of luck and happy away sleeping!