Mothering/ Crazy Picture Thursday





This week I am posting pictures of all four of my kids. They're crazy, so they go under the category crazy picture Thursday!

No, truthfully- I got up in the middle of the night last night with Jonah, who had a scary dream. This is unusual- because they have been sleeping through the night after I sleep trained them. It took five days, but I was proud of myself when it worked! Anyways, a thought just hit me- I am so thankful for the chance I have to be a Mother. I am grateful that I can be with these kids each and every day. If something happened to one of them, I never want to have regrets and think "I was so not aware of how good I have it." I am aware. We are so blessed.

In therapy news, I've learned that I cannot be completely secure in an intimate relationship if I feel that I could not survive on my own without that relationship. I would feel overly involved with my significant other's worries or health issues- since my life would be (and I quote) "One husband away from a welfare check." That is me. Yes, I have a bachelor's degree in Elementary Education. Yes, I am still one husband away from a welfare check- considering I have four children, a mortgage and possibly more children to come. So, I've decided to get my Masters in School Administration. That way, if something happened to my dh (dear hubby), than I would be secure in knowing that I can at least provide a decent three bedroom townhome for my children- if not the nice house we live in currently.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Rachel said…
I wonder if many married women feel the same way you do about being fanancially dependent on husband. I would never want to finanacial dependent on anyone. Yes, Iam poor, but I get by. If I were to live with a guy in a more expensive apartment so he would have to help me pay for rent and then he turned out to be nasty guy. Well, then you are stuck because you can't afford the place yourself. Yes, Ifsomething happens to Josh, you will have life insurance..etc.. but things would be so tight on a teachers salary (which is sad how low teachers salaries can be..you sould listen to the democrats talk, they are for increases in teachers pay) Yes, being "dependent is an insecure feeling. At least you do have the teaching the degree.