Happy






A friend did a blog entitled "Happy" where she posted all the pictures in the month that made her happy. Last month I took 150 pictures. That's right! 150! I never do that. I did it in anticipation of posting a picture a day on my blog. As it turns out, my blogger service has a hard time connecting with my picture storage on my computer. Actually, my computer is kind of sick. I may be calling in some Computer Dr. to help!
I have to go- Ethan's crying- I'll be back. In blog news, I have accepted the blogging design help of one of my on-line friends (www.thesparrowsnest.typepad.com)- so if you like what she will do with my blog and want it done to yours, she will be helping others more after Christmas! I am excited for a new face for Pink Panda.
Also, I love my blog. It is my forum of expressing who I am, how I feel, etc. Unfortunately, others in my life are concerned about the impact it may have on our family, especially posts including sensitive, personal material. I may password protect my blog, but I still want it to be available to those who are struggling with the same things I am struggling with. Since I posted about my counseling I have learned that two of my friends have had similar experiences. Maybe we become friends with those who understand us. What do you think about a password that I can email to people?
In terms of my life, I have to share how WONDERFUL my day was yesterday! I was productive, happy- didn't yell at my kids until 7:30 pm- when Jonah broke down from tiredness with the daylight savings change- and something special happened.
Since I was having fun, laughing and not stressed out- my kids felt comfortable enough to tell my their concerns and their fears. During quiet time, the boys told me about their nightmares and how their blankets scare them (they were a dragon and a lion blanket we bought at Ikea) and how the banging of the closet door and the banging on feet of us on the top floor of our house scared them. I realized that kids need to feel close enough to their parents to share their fears and concerns. Only then will they really open up.
Take my case for example- I didn't share what happened with my Parents, or my twin sister. Now I have. Would it have been better to do it a long time ago? Yes. But all we can do is work with what we have right now: TODAY.
This is my way long blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments