Ethan in Blue!


Ethan in orange this time


Jonah- the curious one. (I can't spell mischeivious)

For those of you who guessed that Ethan is in blue, congratulations! You were right! Of course, if you knew that I almost always dress Ethan in blue and Jonah in red than that would have helped you also.

Someone said something funny yesterday. Jonah was sick so I decided to take him home from Church after sacrament mtg. Ethan wanted to go too and since he was slightly sick and tired I said yes. Anyways, one of my friends asked her son, who is nursery with them how nursery was with Ethan and Jonah not there.

He replied just Jonah was gone.

She said "no, Ethan AND Jonah were gone."

He said "There just two Jonahs."

Somehow he thought since they both looked alike that they were both named Jonah and that it was really strange that people would mention "Ethan" occasionally. The poor kid has even attended joy school with them for the past three months. I will now be sending them to Joy School with name tags on to see how the other kids react!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

p.s. Kristen, thanks for your offer for help. If you would like to pitch in for a plane ticket to California and offer a place to stay anytime this next year, that would be awesome. I told Josh that I needed him to take off work on my birthday in three weeks and I'm going to spend a day in the Celestial room at the temple. No crying kids. No poopy diapers. No potty training. Yay! Any potty training advice would be helpful also. Thanks. I'm training Ethan on Saturday.

Comments

Laura said…
Having successfully potty-trained a boy, here's my best advice: act like you don't care. If it turns into a battle of wills he will win, because you simply cannot MAKE him "go". I would turn on a dvd in front of the toilet and say, "I don't care if you watch it or not, but if you want to you must sit on the potty." Same with rewards, "It doesn't matter to me if you get a candy (or whatever, cheap cars form the dollar store in a jar worked for Sam, it's a good visual to see them all there on top of the potty, just waiting)., but if you want one you may sit on the potty." Make the situation where he wants to do it, but act like you don't care if he does it or not.
Sam also got a lot farther when I let him stand up to pee, less scary and quicker and less undressing. Anyway, let me know how it goes, and good luck! Laura