Deep Thoughts

I was going through some of my old journals and came across a section entitled "Deep Thought". Remember those from Saturday night live way back when? Anyways, one of my favorites is:

"Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?"

I know that's kind of morbid, but it makes me laugh, and laughter is a good medicine!

In other news, I went to therapy again yesterday. It was a more anxious session, as my family has been experiencing more stress as I change and grow better. On Saturday I went to the temple with the express mission to find out who I am. I had a wonderful experience and then was admonished to go and serve other people. That's what we are here to do- serve others. I told my therapist and she said that I was right. There is too much focus on "finding oneself". You can find yourself and serve others at the same time. This really helped me, because I have been concerned about neglecting others, as I come to know myself more. You can and should serve others while working on your own weaknesses.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott

Comments

Fox and Amy said…
Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think, "Aw, who cares?" And then I think, "Hey, what's for supper?"

It's not good to let any kid near a container that has a skull and crossbones on it, because there might be a skeleton costume inside and the kid could put it on and really scare you.