More blogs, c'mon!


Josh told Kristen about this magazine last night, so sorry Kristen that this is old news. Dwell is a magazine that was recommended to me by our neighbor/ film set designer in Salt Lake City. Upon arriving in Maryland, I went online and ordered a free copy of dwell. It didn't come and didn't come and finally two weeks ago, while shopping at the grocery store, I caved in and bought a copy for five dollars! When the mail arrived later that day, guess what came? My free copy of dwell! Now I had two copies! What was I to do? Josh and I could do a book club style activity, where we both read the magazine and tell each other our favorite parts. I could give one copy to my new neighbor- but that requires face to face contact, which always makes me nervous. In the end, I cut up one copy and made a college of all the things I liked (picture of the collage soon to follow) and ear marked the other copy. So, there you go.
In Co-Dependency news, I have an appointment with a new therapist tommorow. The head of the therapists gave my name to her and she called me about two weeks ago. I was hesitant to call her back. A week later she called again and I answered the phone- don't answer the phone if you are not returning someone's call!- they may call you again!_ and reluctantly agreed to meet. I say reluctantly because I had a bad experience last time I went to therapy. I told her this and she said that it was good to know.
I also have checked out almost all the books our library has on Co-Dependency. Currently I am reading "When God is small and people are big." Which has taught me that when you fear people's opinions, you really are fearing God's opinion- which I feel is true. I made some mistakes when I was younger that I guess I have not been able to get over and thus, I fear God's opinion of me, and other people's. I am also reading "Co-Dependency something or other." which talks about being an "Adult Child"- a child in an adult's body. Which I am sometimes. I don't go to the extreme of neglecting my children, but it is enough that I have had hard times before dealing with crying twins, etc.
OK. This is my long blog. For those of you who I read your blog (Sarah) and haven't blogged in a while- get online and blog now! C'mon!
This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott

Comments

Anonymous said…
so, is it worth $5.00?
-kristen