Julie B. Beck, the Relief Society General President, gave a wonderful talk last weekend entitled "Mother Who Know." I have specifically prayed about finding out how to be a better Mother during General Conference, and here she focused her whole talk about Motherhood. A coincidence? I think not. Here are some of my favorite quotes from her talk "Mothers Who Know" (http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,49-1-775-27,00.html);

"Mothers who know desire to bear children."

"Mothers who know honor sacred ordinances and covenants."

"Mothers who know are nurturers."

"Mothers who know are leaders."

"Mothers who know are always teachers."

"Mothers who know do less."

May we all strive to be the type of Mother who knows.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Sarah said…
I loved that talk to. It was definatly one I needed also. A few years ago my aunt gave me a book called Codependent No More, I've never even opened it because I had no idea what it meant. So now I do, I'll try to read it. Thanks!
Anonymous said…
I especially like the part about doing less. Maybe that sounds flippant, but I seriously think it's profound.

Jen