Co-Dependency



Yesterday I read the whole book "If the Gospel is True, then why do I hurt so much?" I read a few chapters early in the morning Thursday morning when JOnah woke up and had a nightmare. Then, I read most of it while I was waiting for the boys to take a nap and finished it in the evening. It made me think a lot about the issues I am dealing with right now. Needless to say, I have a very scary dream last night. I woke up Josh and we talked about my fears and concerns. He was also able to open up and talk about his fears and concerns. I've decided that this therapy thing is really not going to be a quick fix. I am going to have to feel a lot of anger and pain and forgiveness before I move on, but when I go through that I will be better for it and I'm excited about that. I'm ready to change!
This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Boo said…
I'm very impressed that you are continuing to work on this. I've known people who gave up on therapy much too soon. You are determined and have a lot more hope than they did. It's good that you recognize the difficulties that are still ahead. Since you are working through these issues now, you will be a happier person and a better wife and mother sooner. Good luck!
-MaryRuth
Joanie said…
Hi Meg...please keep the book )"if the Gospel's True..") I read it once, but want to read it again. It is packed with true principles..and it does take time to incorporate them.
It is so interesting to me that you are on this quest-it is a good thing. It is a journey. Godspeed! Love, Mom
Anonymous said…
I love the lighting in these pictures--so thoughtful.
Jen