Camping and Acorn Traumas


This past weekend we went camping with some friends in the ward. It was great! This picture was taken by my friend and posted on her blog, so I just stole it. Sorry, Rebecca! Why is it that other's pictures turn out a lot better than mine? Even if I had downloaded my pictures already, I didn't have any that were half as good as this one. In this picture the kids are all running away from a "monster" and hiding in someone's tent. Erin's tent to be exact. I'm glad it wasn't ours!
To sum up the trip to the Doctor's yesterday to remove the acorn from Jonah's nose, and the subsequent trip to the ER, because the doctor couldn't do it, I will use three quotes from the time period of 1 pm (when we left for the dr) to 6 pm (when we got home).
Jonah: upon reading a pop-up book in the Doctor's little room and seeing a picture of a tree with a little door you open and see an acorn he said "acorn- that's what I put in my nose."
Dr.: after trying unsuccessfully to remove said acorn. "Are you sure it was an acorn? It looks pretty big to me." My iternal response would be: no, I'm not sure. If I saw it happen, I would not have let it happen! Not an acorn? AH! What is it then?"
Nurse: "You need to take him to the ER." ER? Which ER? Where's the ER? We just moved here and my car is out of gas and the babysitter said she had to go home in twenty minutes (luckily I took the kids to Ellen's house and Lisi watched them).
Elizabeth: after finding out that Jonah got a popsicle after his ordeal. "Mom, if you put an acorn in your nose, you get to go to the hospital and get a popsicle." What? No! Don't think that! I may be back in the hospital next week with three other plugged noses! So I replied "Yes, and lots of poking and screaming and blood...No, Elizabeth, it's not a good idea. (you can't just be sarcastic with kids- they don't get it!)" There ya go.
This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ooh ooh, I know: tape their noses shut and then they can't put anything up there ;) JK, I'm glad that trauma is over, though I'm sorry to hear it took so long.

-MaryRuth
Anonymous said…
what a pain! i'm sure that's not how you planned on spending your day.
-hilary
Unknown said…
So - was it an acorn? you should have kept it for his scrapbook (: