To my Dad


My dad!

It's Father's Day! I am with my Father-in-law today and I get to see my Dad in a few days. How awesome is that? I love both of my Fathers very much, but today I wanted to focus on my biological Father. I was just reading (just as in a few weeks ago) reading another blog where the girl dedicated a post about her Father. You see her Father has cancer and was told that he would die in six months if he didn't do anything about it.

My Father had cancer. CLL, or Chronic Lymphonic Leukemia from June 2006- sometime in 2008. He is in remission. He didn't die. And I am oh so glad. Because I wouldn't have been able to handle it. I was already suffering from major Depression (actually Bi-Polar but I didn't know it at the time) when he started getting worse and worse. His white blood cell count was bad. He was doing radiation. He had low energy. Things were not going well!

We had a fast as a family for him. I fasted. My sisters fasted. My brothers fasted. My Mom fasted. Extended family fasted. We all prayed. And he got better. He is doing very well right now. And I KNOW it was partly because of the fasting and praying and partly because Heavenly Father blessed us this way. I know that Heavenly Father loves us and looks out for us and will bless us in the way we need it, whether it is healing the sick or giving comfort to those who mourn.


My Dad and Mom with baby Asher

I love you Dad and am so thankful for you. You mean the world to me!

Love, Megan

Comments

Sarah said…
Oh wow. I didn't know about the cancer, how hard. I'm glad he is in remission and doing well.