On Hope


Hope is a confidence
             an optimism
             an enthusiasm
             a patient perseverance.
(Taken from Preach My Gospel on Hope)

I have been trying to learn Hope as well as Patience during this trial of daily pain. I can have confidence in knowing Christ will and can comfort me and give me the strength to live a balanced life on a daily basis.

Just like the Isrealites lived on daily manna in the desert I can also be sustained daily with His help. I can be optimistic that all is right with the world even though I am in pain. I can be enthusiastic about life. I can also patiently persevere.

I had to lengthened my goal to read the Book of Mormon in 30 days to reading a chapter a day. Reading those assignments took me 45 minutes and hurt my head a lot. Sometimes you just have to modify your goals. And that's okay.

"When you have Hope, you work through trials and difficulties with the confidence and assurance that all things will work together for your good." Page 117 Preach my Gospel

"Hope helps you conquer discouragement." Ibid.


Comments