Got Ginger?


Ginger Review- Love the Gingerale (it has real ginger!), the Gin-Gins are okay and the Ginger Altoids were too strong!

I've been a lot more sick this time around. I don't know if it's because the last time I was pregnant was in 2006 or if it's because I am now 35 (although it's probably just because this is a new pregnancy). I have a new and profound respect for all those who have felt this way multiple times with their pregnancies. I don't think I would be able to handle it. In fact, I know I wouldn't!

I was not very sick with any of my other pregnancies- even with the twins- and with this one I have been mildly to moderately to quite nauseous almost all day and all night. Unisom and B6 at night has helped, as have sea bands (although I think that was just a placebo). I have been having longer stretches where I feel better and then I get everything done that needs to be done, wear myself out and take a whole day to recover the next day.

And so, while searching for remedies, I discovered (along with the help of my Mom), the joy of Ginger! Sipping watered down Ginger Ale with ice all day has helped me feel a lot better! The other day I made a run to World Market and got Gin Gins- a hard candy with Ginger- and Ginger Altoids to suck on when I am subbing and can't constantly drink Ginger Ale.

I've been taking less sub jobs since 1) I don't have to sub and 2) It's no fun subbing when you feel sick constantly. The noise, the sounds, the smells (anywhere from the teacher's automatic spray to stinky feet to the Cafeteria) has become a new thing to avoid. At least until the end of this month or so when I hit my second trimester (please say it will be gone by then!).

**Some say the more you are sick, the more likely you are to have a girl- although I don't think that's true. We are not hoping for either one- we would be happy either way!

**I subbed for a half day today and while it was good to be back in the classroom, I will not be doing any more subbing until I feel better! It's so hard for me to say no but I will just do it!

***Remembering those who lost their lives on Sept. 11th***Today is School Picture day for the kids and wear red, white and blue day- the year book will be pretty Patriotic this year!



Comments