What I should read when I get Discouraged



I've discovered, of late, that many of the problems that I have, or feel like I have, can be overcome through Gratitude. Even if I don't feel grateful, this exercise of naming off things I am Grateful for almost always puts me in the mood of Thankfulness. Usually I can't stop once I get going. God is Good.

And so, without further ado, today's edition of

What I am Grateful for:


-that I didn't get stung by that scorpion that was hiding behind a stack of frames and that my hand tried to clamp down on.

-a righteous husband who leads our family in righteousness.

-4 healthy children.

-A library full of good books to read and love (which reminds me to try their book club!).

-A piano in my home to play daily (a new music to play too!).

-A family who loves me- Parents, Sisters, Brothers, Nieces and Nephews.

-The Church that gives us all the support it can give to help support our families.

-Jesus Christ and His Constant Awareness of us.

-Quiet Mornings (the kids leave at 7:30 am).

-A Gentle Dog.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

p.s. Oh, and new blogs. www.lifefrosting.blogspot.com has super cute Birthday ideas.

p.p.s. My two new callings in the ward are Nursery Leader and Co-Ward Choir Pianist. I've always wanted to be in the Nursery but figured that it would never actually happen. It has and I am super thrilled. As for playing for the Choir, I have a lot of practicing to do, but am happy to do it- I love, love playing!

Comments

Joanie said…
Those 2 callings are absolutely perfect for you! Someone was inspired, huh?
Joanie said…
We just watched a TV show on The Happiness Advantage. Being grateful daily increases your happiness.
I am grateful for you, Megan, and your sweetness and for all the things you share!
That life frosting blog is really cool! What a crafty gal!