Looking Back


My beloved Spain! Via Online


My mission- Bilbao, Spain. So gorgeous! Via online

Yesterday, through facebook, I found a link to an inactive blog from 2 years ago from my mission- the Spain Bilbao Mission. They dissolved the mission in 2010- so sad for me- and this blog was from that time period. I loved looking at the pictures of the mission, reminiscing about a few of the same places I had been to- the mission home, Bilbao, La Coruna, Victoria. One member that I knew now has two children who look to be 7 and 5. She was engaged when I knew her and we weren't sure things were really going to happen, so it was great to see that.

Two things that struck my mind. It seemed like the mission was running normally. Same kind of Elders- tall ones, shorts ones, funny ones, smart ones. Same kind of sisters- cute ones, Spanish ones, happy ones, serious ones. Same kind of Mission President with his wife. Although they are definitely different people, it seemed to me as though it was the same play, in the same setting, just different characters cast. And without me too!

How I long to go back there, to be among the people. To eat the food that is so Heavenly to me, when once it was strange and weird and different. To laugh and joke with the Elders. To teach the Gospel and see someone feel the Spirit testify to them for the first time the truth of the Book of Mormon or Joseph Smith.

Ok. I'm getting emotional. I'll stop. I've decided that I will work harder on prepping the boys for their missions. We'll have 3 boys serving for 4 years in about 11 years from now. Aaaahhhh!!! That's not very long. Here's to my new mission- preparing the younger generation. It's what I've lived for. It's what I'm here to do! Maybe in 10 years they'll be called to China or India or Jerusalem!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments